Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

BGP VPN config to connect to a VMC on AWS environment

Hi there. Kind of a silly question but I wanted to check in here before I break some stuff :)

trying to help a client set up a VPN connect to their VMC environment and ran into a snag. To set up the VPN with BGP I need to enable the Advanced routing feature. I get a warning message asking if I want to enable advanced routing. Before I enable this feature, does anyone know if this change will break or change any of the current static route configs that are currently in place? I am assuming the answer is no, however, since I can't find documentation calling out what effects the change will make to the current config, I wanted to double check here first to be sure.

Thanks in advance for the help :)

Category: VPN Client

Answers

• Mr_KlaatuMr_Klaatu SonicWall Employee

@ccarroz No worries, enabling Advanced Routing feature will not break anything. The warning is given for a Firewall Administrator to be aware that now a fully featured multi-protocol routing subsystem suite is loaded on to the running OS . This enables interfaces to be configured with Dynamic Routing protocols and will not conflict with the existing Static Routing Table as the latter continues to operate as normal and since Dynamic Routing is performance intensive, the warning serves as an alert to the Firewall Administrator to configure it with caution