Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Contemporary mode not showing on TZ670

Hello,

I normally go to the top right corner to switch between classic and contemporary GUI to manage the firewall. I have a TZ670 and it only shows the classic mode - there is no icon to change it in the top right. I''ve updated it to the latest firmware but it still doesn't show.

I'm sure if I set it to factory defaults it woul resolve it but I'd prefer not to do that. I tested this same firmware file on another TZ670 - no issues sw_tz_670_eng.7.0.1-5080-R3248

Category: Entry Level Firewalls
Tagged:

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    fmadiafmadia Moderator
    Answer ✓

@boe thanks for highlighting this issue. May I ask you if you could raise a Support Case regarding this? We would like to investigate and understand what the root cause is. From your description, it looks like the settings migration using the migration tool is causing this issue.

Once the case is open, please reach out to me privately and I can get the case looked into.

Answers

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

@boe ,

1. On the 7.X firmware, there is a significant GUI change and the options are rearranged to make it easier for configuration.
    2. We have the option to use the classic view by a click of a single button that is located on the right-hand top corner, as shown below. The toggle switch should remain ON for a contemporary view and OFF to go to classic view.

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@boe did you checked the Internal Settings for the Option "SonicUI7 as default management GUI"? It should be enabled if you like it that way.

https://<firewallip>:<port>/sonicui/7/m/mgmt/settings/diag

--Michael@BWC

• boeboe Newbie ✭

No joy - that page won't come up.

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

@BOE,

For example, Your firewall IP is 192.168.1.1 & you want to access the diag page, follow as same as below;

https://192.168.1.1/sonicui/7/m/mgmt/settings/diag

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@boe you got me tricked. If you're running the Gen6 UI you need to change this setting of course on the /diag.html page. Just change main.html to diag.html in your browser address bar and search for GUI.

--Michael@BWC

• boeboe Newbie ✭

Thanks - I gave up and set it to factory defaults. I retested though after I reset it to factory defaults - it was the export /import using the mysonicwall converter. Doesn't matter if you select the correct firmware or not - if you try to convert a 600 to the 670 with the current firmware you'll have this issue. I had to set it up from scratch.

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

if you try to convert a 600 to the 670 with the current firmware you'll have this issue

This statement worries me to a very great extent.

Is there any way to confirm it? Is there any mechanism that would indicate why? Asking SonicWall representatives to step up, please.

• boeboe Newbie ✭

Thanks - I didn't bother - it wasn't the end of the world. I probably only convert 1 unit every year. The first one I ever did, kept crashing - support said that was because of something in the migration even though they did it with me. They said I should just start from scratch. I was hoping the migration had improved but since I charge my customers by the hour it saves them money if I just start from scratch instead of spend time on the phone with support.