Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

NetExtender Disconnecting when using Cellular Router

Hello!

I am using NetExtender 10.2.331 to connect to a TZ400, which has had no issues getting a user connected using a cellular modem hotspot for the past few years. Upon changing the modem from a Netgear mobile hotspot to a stationary MOFI router, I randomly get the 0x06000308 "NetExtender has been disconnected for the following reasons, etc". I was pointed to change the MTU on the new router, but that did not help. I'm not sure what the old modem was doing to not cause the disconnects compared to the new unit. Sometimes its 5 mins, sometimes its multiple hours before it disconnects, but the user is not idle for more than a few minutes.

Is there any port or other settings I should be looking at on the new modem? Attached is debug of one of the disconnects.

Thanks for any pointers for this issue!

Category: VPN Client

Answers

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

You've changed the way the user connects so have you considered the underlying technology? I'm guessing they are connecting via Wifi to the 'hotspot'. Is your new 'hotspot' all the way up to date on firmware? Are you running the latest drivers for the wireless NIC on the users device? Have you researched any wifi connection issues with your new 'hotspot' model?

This is troubleshooting 101.