Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

If anyone has deployed an Aruba Instant On Access Point (AP22) how was your firewall configured?

LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

I have attempted, for most of the day, to get an Aruba AP 22 to install in the cloud. It repeatedly fails to do so.

I created the address objects for the three URLs and the NTP server and placed them in an exception group.

I have Geo-IP blocking and have even disabled it and even ran the trace. The Aruba still fails to connect to the cloud.

Either this is a bad device or I've got something else going on that's not showing in the logs.

If anyone has successfully deployed an Aruba AP22, please let me know what you've done to achieve it.

Thanks!

Larry

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@MarkD I did follow that KB, to wit:

I created the address objects for the three URLs and the NTP server and placed them in an exception group.

Learned much later that failures were because that address group was not ALSO included in the DPI/SSL exception list (although there was no indication of any failure or squawk in the logs).

Answers