Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Setup cloud based APs.

I am new to the cloud management. I recently purchased two new APs that require cloud management. I have them setup and "working", however they are not handing DHCP IPs. I know I missed something in the setup, but I am not sure what. I have looked for documentation, but nothing explains the concept and pieces I need in place to make the APs work. The rest of the APs and switches are managed on my local Sonicwall. The switches are another brand. Somehow the VLAN carrying the DHCP range from the gateway needs to make it to the APs?? I have done this on the switch, do I need to also define this in the cloud management??

Category: Wireless Network Manager

Answers

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

@mtuma5672 What - specifically - are the access point models that don't have the necessary IP addresses?

APs can either be handled by the SonicWall UTM or by WNM. You must choose one - it cannot be both!

So in your case: who/what is handling those APs?

• mtuma5672mtuma5672 Newbie ✭

Larry,

The Sonicwave 641s are managed by WNM, and the Sonicwave 432is are managed by UTM. The 432is are working correctly, it is the new 641s that are not.

Thanks,

Mike

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

@mtuma5672 do yourself a favor and call the Support line (and I really don't like saying this).

But that will be the fastest way of getting this situation resolved.