Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

How do I overcome the "refuses to connect" problem on a TZ270?

I have configured a new TZ270 with a LAN address of 10.1.10.1. , then I changed my computer to use DHCP. I have internet access through the firewall. The firewall is assigning me my IP address and 10.1.10.1 is the gateway address, yet I cannot ping it successfully and using a browser I get "Site refuses to connect". Using BitVise SSH port 22, I also get "refuses to connect".

As a secondary but related issue, I went through the registration process, but the unit isn't showing up on my MySonicwall account so I cannot find the maintenance key if I do a factory reset. BTW: I think the maintenance key feature is a bunch of over-complicated BS and just one more hoop to jump through when a SonicWall unit glitches like mine just did, but that's just my opinion.

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

You haven't provided us with much information such as your firmware version. Are you running the latest firmware? If not you need to upgrade firmware, older versions had many issues.

Have you enabled SSH management on the LAN interface?