Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

NetExtender client address range appears exhausted

We've used the SonicWall NSA 2600 and netextender for years without issues, firmware version is SonicOS Enhanced 6.5.1.2-52n, recently I've changed the router (it's not the first time) and with that, the public IP.

It worked for a couple of days, and then the issues started. The SRA logs return "NetExtender client address range appears exhausted" as a reason for not connecting anyone, then sometimes it starts working again for a single/ couple of users, then it stops again with absolutely no changes to the configuration, and a couple of ours ago it stopped working at all for everyone.

If I connect via Portal (the browser application) it works perfectly.

IP range for the VPN should be enough but to be safe I've increased it to 20 (for 4 connections) so it shouldn't be that.

I have no idea what I should do, nothing I did manage to solve the issue, and it's basically driving me crazy.

Thanks for the support.

Category: SSL VPN

Answers

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

That's an old firmware, you should probably read release notes and update. What you are describing may have been fixed in a later release.

• VivekVivek SonicWall Employee

Hello @G_Cornalba

Quick Question - you mentioned " SRA " in your post. can you please confirm if its actually the Firewall that is providing the IP addresses?

You should reach out to Sonicwall support and provide a summary of the Issue.