Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Internet route with IP P2P to ISP router blocked to Internet

Greetings all,

I have meet an issue when try to migrating from Palo Alto on my customer environment.

On their environment, the router blocking ip 118.98.132.62 to internet. If I try to traceroute 8.8.8.8 from their existing Palo Alto, the next-hop of 118.98.128.1 will be 118.98.132.61

Try to specific the trace source from 118.98.132.62 to internet, remains failed.

On Palo Alto I didn't see any special configuration on it, the routing 0.0.0.0 goes to 118.98.132.61 and all interface didn't have gateway, only mgmt have it.

But when migrating to Sonicwall, the appliance can't reach the internet.

Have you all ever meet this case? The Gateway of the internet is on different subnet and P2P ip on firewall blocked to internet

Thanks.

Category: High End Firewalls

Answers

• MitatOngeMitatOnge All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Shoni

Could you share paloalto, juniper and apresia routing tables? and could you check palo alto nat rules for wan translations? maybe paloalto are using different ip segments?

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Check your subnet masks is what MITATONGE is getting at. If you put a laptop on the connection the Sonicwall is using (with the same IP x.x.x.62) do you still have the same issue?