Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

GVC not installing on Windows 11

Hi Team,

Can you suggest which version of GVC is supported on Windows 11.

I tried installing right from latest version to 4.7.3, but nothing worked.

Kindly suggest

Category: Mid Range Firewalls
Tagged:

Answers

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭
  • RussFRussF Newbie ✭

FWIW, I successfully installed 4.10.6 on Win 11 in December.

Russ

• DarshilDarshil Newbie ✭

• DarshilDarshil Newbie ✭

Hi @RussF @Ajishlal

Tried installing both versions, but getting below error

• RussFRussF Newbie ✭

And did you go to the link provided to see what it said?

Russ

• LyleLyle Newbie ✭

Much like the OP, the GVC install on Windows is fraught with so many problems. I have two different machines with errors installing GVC (one Windows 10 and one Windows 11). In this case on Win 11 I installed as administrator and it still doesn't work. The clean-up utility does not work nor do the instructions in the release notes. SO FRUSTRATING that everything SonicWall turns out is rubbish lately (my TZ400 hangs weekly, hence this being added frustration)...and this is another case in point. Where is the hotfix for this problem?

• MitatOngeMitatOnge All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

You don't have admin right on the pc. you should add to admin grups and re-install the gvc please.

• LyleLyle Newbie ✭

I ABSOLUTELY have admin rights and I ran the app as Administrator (and stated that already). I also created a new local Admin account and tried there just in case there was something weird that is profile related. Same exact result with the service not able to be run and that craters the whole install process.

• RussFRussF Newbie ✭

The Win 11 laptops I have installed GVC on are not available to me (they are remote employees' devices) and SWL, in their infinite wisdom, doesn't put the version # in their installer file name so I can't tell you exactly what version the client is, but I can tell you that I have successfully installed the following clients on Win 11:

184-005967-00_Rev_A_GVCSetup32.exe

184-005968-00_Rev_A_GVCSetup64.exe

184-010738-00_Rev_A_GVCSetup32.exe

184-010739-00_Rev_A_GVCSetup64.exe

We have not updated to later versions, because these work - and if it works, don't fix it - especially given SWL's recent history of updates breaking things.

Russ

• LyleLyle Newbie ✭

The versions I tried are "184-010236-00_REV_A_GVCSetup64" and "184-011500-00_REV_A_GVCSetup64"

GVC was working previously on several of our Win 10 machines, however they one by one started breaking (the usual symptom being they sit at "Connecting" and never progress to ask for credentials). Now with GVC broken (and Win 11 is a complicating factor for some as we replace laptops)... The real problem is getting them back to functional. We moved several users from NetExtender to GVC because that was breaking previously and GVC seemed more stable, but no longer. SWL needs to pony up some real solutions for the issues with the buggy nature of GVC, and TZ400 Firmware of late.