Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

SMA - Geo-IP & Botnet Filter License

Hi,

I am just wondering what is the deal with licensing this feature on an SMA.

I have a few SMA 500v's for customers in Azure. I buy the appliance license, the additional users licenses and the 3yr support license.

After a year the Geo-IP & Botnet Filter License is flagging for renewal. I have never seen this as a license with a SKU on any price list or datasheet?

Is this feature really an additional license and if so what is the SKU?

Cheers

Category: Secure Mobile Access Appliances

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @RedNet this must be a reoccurring issue, you need to contact support to have them put the GeoIP License in sync with the rest. There is no GeoIP SKU.

I had this at least one time and the Backend Team managed to sync the License with the Expiration Date of the Support Services.

--Michael@BWC

Answers

• RedNetRedNet Enthusiast ✭✭

Thanks @BWC - I had submitted a support ticket before this post and they were pretty quick to respond and add another year to the Geo+Botnet feature..... but only another year and not in sync with the other license to 2023, so looks like I will be chasing again next year 😅

Hope all is well with you and cheers!

Hi @BWC , same thing again with this and the other SMA's I have, finding it hard to get someone in support to acknowledge there is no SKU this time round @admin

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@RedNet it did not happen to me again, did you blocked the USA via GeoIP by any chance? This messes things up pretty hard.

--Michael@BWC

On outbound traffic no, on inbound on the SMA yes. But the Geoip & Botnet license date still wasnt renewed on the mysonicwall portal.... the support and firmware has updated. Have it in with support anyway.

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

I checked my old cases and I could not see any pattern for this. Did you changed your last Support Renewal from 24x7 to 8x5 or vice versa?

All of my few cases with GeoIP not licensed properly were started after 3 year renewals 8x5. If I remember correctly the customers had 24x7 before that.

Either way, SNWL should put the GeoIP license in sync with the rest or you'll be bothered next year again with it.

--Michael@BWC