Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Feature Requests per Category

BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi,

like for many other users, sometimes a bright idea strikes me (at least in my opinion :) ) and I would like to see this thought implemented in one of the products. In the past I went down the RFE road occasionally, because it has to be initiated by sales, which usually ends up in the question "How much more would you sell if we do this?".

That can be a fair question, but mainly I suggest things to make a product better and help not just only me, but hey who am I to judge. It's not always for just selling more, it's just making the product better.

Having the power of the Community behind an idea would leave a bigger impact and maybe getting things done quicker.

For this reason I suggest having a Feature Request sub-category for each category (Firewall, SMA, Endpoint, ...) where users can present new ideas and the community can comment, like, dislike etc. If there is positive feedback, maybe that's motivation to create more RFE's because it shows it's not an isolated wish. Or the other way around, if the idea is stupid it can be rest in peace.

--Michael@BWC

Category: Water Cooler

Comments

• Halon5Halon5 Enthusiast ✭✭

@Chris , @BWC

I can only agree 100%. Change should be driven by this community. This forum is probably one of the best things I've seen happen at SWL in many many years. It's just a shame it wasn't here a long time ago,.

• PeterTPeterT Newbie ✭

Good product managers know that its easier to keep an existing customer than to get a new customer... but customer satisfaction with technology is often fickle. Customers know there is no such thing as a perfect product and often what instills loyalty is a vendor who listens and responds to continuously improve their product and service... Looking forward to getting a feature request section here.

• shultisshultis Newbie ✭

Any update on this? And while we're waiting, what's the process for submitting a feature request to Sonicwall?

• MauricioMauricio Newbie ✭

I also would like to request a new feature but seems this seems harder than it should be :)

@BWC thanks again

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Now that @Mauricio has updated this, and it appears at the top of the current list (a la Facebook's news feed), I am 100% in agreement.

I would think there is some adjunct to the current Community software that would allow for Feedback items with comments and a thumbs up/down voting mechanism. SonicWall moderators could review the highlights quarterly to provide status: Open, Under review/ consideration, Future roadmap item, Closed, etc.

• EnaEna SonicWall Employee

Hi All,

Product Ideas are on the SonicWall Community roadmap.

Your feedback is very valuable and we look forward to introducing this feature to the community - Hang tight! 💡

• SimonTSimonT Newbie ✭

Any updates on this?

Cannot understand how SonicWall can ignore this for years. 😔

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

LOL - I gave up on this.

--Michael@BWC

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Paging @Bob VanKirk! Maybe you could consider pushing this functional enhancement.

(Although, truthfully, SW devs have a hard enough time getting the base products to work. Getting new ideas implemented could be a very long, and painful experience...)