Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Permanently delete default rules

Dear all,

I have recently purchased two firewall NSa 2700 in HA. When I turned them on and configured the HA I saw that many access rules are configured by default in the firewall. I have deleted all of them by enabling the option in the "diag" menu but the surprise I got was that once I turn off or restart the firewalls these rules are created again automatically. Is there any way to delete these rules and start creating rules from 0?

I thought that this was due to the options to automatically add rules in the checks that appear in each zone but when I deactivate these checks, all the deleted rules continue to be generated automatically after each reboot or power off and on.

I hope you can help me.

Thank you very much in advance and best regards,

Category: Firewall Management and Analytics

Answers

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

@RAguilar

As per my knowledge, You cannot delete the default SonicWALL rules. but you can either deny/allow the rule.

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

The rules are auto-created for a reason. Learn to live with them as you will never be able to get rid of them.

• ArminFArminF Newbie ✭

Having the same question.

Disabled in DIAG and disabled in Zones. But rules appear after reboot.

I do not use most of the zones so it would have a better overview just seeing the rules i created.

Workaround i thought to move to manual priority set my rules from the top and then add a Deny All rules beneath the ones i use.

So if auto generated rules would pop up again they would be below the Deny All. Would this work?

thanks

armin

• MitatOngeMitatOnge All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

cannot delete default rule. You should create shadowing rules for default rules.

• ArminFArminF Newbie ✭

Morning all,

did get rid of the default by disabling them in zones and diag.

Only the management still remains which is OK.

thank you for your support!

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Semantics... I suppose no one asked if you had DISABLED the auto-create rules in the Zones... because that isn't DELETING.