Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Connect Tunnel authentication failure

This is a very basic question and I am probably missing something simple.

I'm logged in to my laptop using a local account and I need to connect to my work network using a corporate account. When I set Connect Tunnel up it asked me to login but now it just says "Authentication Failure" but never gives me the opportunity to enter the correct credentials. I enabled logging and it shows it is using my local account to connect to my corporate network.

How do I force Connect Tunnel to use the corporate account? Or at least ask which account to use when it connects?

Category: VPN Client
Tagged:

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    johnjamesmarshjohnjamesmarsh Newbie ✭
    Answer ✓

For anyone else who has this problem I eventually found what it was. I have a PFSense based dual internet connection that routes the traffic according to speed and availability. For some reason the Connect Tunnel client would connect the first time I installed it but then never again. It was quite bizarre and I've not found anyone on the internet or in this forum who had any sensible ideas or pointers so I thought I would add this for the next person who comes across this issue.

Answers

• MarioRossiMarioRossi Newbie ✭
    edited March 12

I have the same issue, I can't change the credentials with which I want to do the connection. Please help on this topic!

• danishdanish Newbie ✭

i am installing it IP Per -shared Key I don't have it, where can I get it? Please let us install it once so that our problem can be resolved Weather should do this in front of us and give us its support so that next time we don't have any problem We have been calling for a long time but no call is picking up on our support It is very much request from you guys to reserve this our problem as soon as possible we will wait for your call. I am also attaching my number and also the error that occurred please .

• danishdanish Newbie ✭

am installing it IP Per -shared Key I don't have it, where can I get it? Please let us install it once so that our problem can be resolved Weather should do this in front of us and give us its support so that next time we don't have any problem We have been calling for a long time but no call is picking up on our support It is very much request from you guys to reserve this our problem as soon as possible we will wait for your call. I am also attaching my number and also the error that occurred please kindly My Number :(469) 871-0838