Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Upgraded to Global VPN Client 4.10.7.1424 and RDP doesnt connect

RICHMANRICHMAN Newbie ✭

I've recently pushed out an update to our Global VPN Client based on a potential vulnerability listed here:

Security Notice: SonicWall Global VPN Client DLL Search Order Hijacking via Application Installer | SonicWall

We've had trouble with those who've gotten the new version - VPN works and domain shares can be accessed but for some reason RDP connections aren't working all the sudden. Many of these clients were updated only from 4.10.7.1117 to 4.10.7.1424 and RDP worked before the update.

Anyone have any ideas?

Category: VPN Client

Comments

• LitBobOnLitBobOn Newbie ✭

No issues with GVC x.1424 but GVC is not used much. But using NetExtender we're seeing issues with Windows users when they are not doing their Windows Updates. At first it was just a trigger response from the helpdesk but it actually did solve the issue. One person also had to reinstall NetExtender.

• RICHMANRICHMAN Newbie ✭

Ours lets the handshake for authentication take place - we put in user creds and then it hangs at "securing remote connection"

But the previous versions get through. I'm not sure what I'm missing

• ChojinChojin Enthusiast ✭✭

I can do RDP with version 4.10.7.1424.

How did you install the latest version?

I remember its said that you clean uninstall the older version of GVC

Do you have the change to do a fresh install on a new installed Windows and test RDP again?