Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

SSL VPN access behind "dual stack lite" router

mfelbermfelber Newbie ✭

I have a sonicwall TZ350. Up to recently my ISP provided me a dynamic IPV4 address. I connected to the SSL VPN via "sonic wall mobile connect" and dyndns. My ISP now changed to dual stack lite. As a result, I cannot connect to the SSL VPN from my mobile anymore. How do I set up the TZ350 to be able to connect to SSL VPN again?

Unfortunately, I'm not an IT professional and have only basic knowledge of networking. Thanks in advance for any help!

Category: SSL VPN
Tagged:

Answers

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@mfelber I guess your ISP is using CGNAT (Carrier-Grade Network Address Translation) which concludes that you cannot access your SonicWall anymore from the Internet, because Inbound-Connections are no longer possible.

You should ask them if they can switch it back.

--Michael@BWC

• ArkwrightArkwright All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

If your firewall has a public [aka 'global'] v6 IP which can receive inbound connections and your mobile provider gives you a global v6 IP then that should work.

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

@mfelber

Check with your ISP provider if they configured ISP router with NAT464, Ask them to change to NAT444.