Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Port Mirror on SWS14-24 switch

Has anyone configured Port Mirroring on a SWS14 series switch?

We need to mirror all traffic to a specific port for our NIDS (Network Intrusion Detection System), there is no documentation anywhere, and it's not like any other mirroring config I've seen (i.e. "take these ports and mirror them to this other port").

Thanks!

Category: Switches
Tagged:

Answers

• RussFRussF Newbie ✭

A Google search of "sonicwall switch port mirroring" turned up page after page of hits. Most of them showing how to configure it using the SonicOS from your firewall management. If it is a standalone switch, you may have to use the command line interface. Perhaps this may get you started:

Russ

• MarkHeddaeusMarkHeddaeus Newbie ✭

Yes, there are plenty of results explaining how to do it with SonicOS, but this is a stand alone switch.

The CLI just provides the same settings as the UI...but that doesn't help me if I don't know what the settings should be.

• MarkHeddaeusMarkHeddaeus Newbie ✭

Here are the instructions in case anyone else needs to do this (courtesy of SonicWall support):

1. Navigate to Switching > Port mirroring
    2. Edit any of the session id
    3. Enable the session state
    4. In the destination port select the port you want all the traffic mirrored to, in your case port 4
    5. In the Src TX ports and Src RX ports, select all the ports you need the traffic mirrored from, you can separate the ports with commas or - for a continuous range (i.e. "1-3,5,8-9").
    6. Select the ingress state as enabled