Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

NetExtender disconnects

MSinATLMSinATL Newbie ✭

Hello all,

I am using NetExtender as a SSLVPN client using my phone as a hotspot and have no issues connecting, but I am getting disconnected at the 5-6 minute mark religiously. The error message is vague (gives 3 options, 2 of which are Timeout, unexplained error.) I am using Win 11 home with an Intel WiFi 6 chipset. I have a suspicion it is my chipset, but I don't know how to verify this. Any help or insight on this would be appreciated.

Thank you

Category: VPN Client

Best Answers

• CORRECT ANSWER
    TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Try using a USB Wifi adapter with a different chipset than what you have built-in and see if the issue remains. It could also be your phone provider is dropping the traffic if you are using an off port for SSLVPN.

• CORRECT ANSWER
    MSinATLMSinATL Newbie ✭
    Answer ✓

I tried just USB tethering and no issues, so it is definitely related to the chipset. I have been asked if I reset it, to which the answer is no, but I am now following up in another forum since the issue isn't the VPN. Thanks for the assist.