Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Can I use a SonicWall Gateway Anti-Malware license on a SonicWall NSa 4700 High Availability?

Hello and thank you for reading!

WE purchase a SonicWall NSa 4700 High Availability and we purchased this anti malware license with it and we received a notice from our client stating this license is not for this firewall.

My question is what is the difference between a high availability and standard Sonicwall? Can we indeed install this license on this hardware?

Thank you for all the help!

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@IslandTechnologies the HA Appliance is not meant to be to run as a single unit and always need to be attached to a Primary Unit. Only the Primary Unit has to be licensed and the HA Unit (Secondary) shares the licenses with it. That's the reason why you cannot bind a license to a HA Unit.

https://help.sonicwall.com/help/sw/eng/6810/25/9/0/content/Ch112_High_Availability.130.52.html

There is IMHO a conversion SKU for converting a HA Unit to a regular one, but I'am not sure that this is what you need and why you've got a HA in the first place.

--Michael@BWC