Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

DHCP for separate subnet on X3

I have setup a separate subnet on X3. Zone LAN, X0 subnet is 192.168.254/24, X3 is 253/24. Added dynamic DHCP zone for 253 subnet. When connecting a device to X3, it does not pull an IP address via DHCP but if assigned a static IP it can access the internet. What am I missing?

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• TonyATonyA SonicWall Employee

Hey @RWBacher ,

Please go to Network -> DHCP and click on add new dynamic scope. In the settings pop up, click on pre populate and select X3 - it will fill in all information for you based on the X3 interface config.

After this, you should now have a scope for the X3 interface subnet.

Anthony

• RWBacherRWBacher Newbie ✭

Thanks Anthony. I actually already had the scope configured. Do I need to restart the firewall to apply it? Or maybe disable/enable DHCP?

Hmm thats odd. What firmware are you on? No need to reboot. It should hand out ip's if its enabled.

If you connect a device directly to the X3 interface does it get an ip?

Anthony

No. That's why I posted. FW ver 6.5.4.10-95n I feel like all the settings are right. Since your last msg, I deleted the X# settings and re-created exactly as you recommended. I'll try rebooting the device tonight. Thanks for your help!

Didn't have to reboot. Re-creating the interface did the trick. Thank you.

Hey @RWBacher

Glad to hear !