Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Long shot but worth a try

The previous IT company went out of business and cannot be reached. The current configuration is somewhat complicated with multiple access points add static routes. I know that a password reset wipes out the device, but is there any other way to get the configuration off of Sonicwall ?

I was thinking that if the firewall was registered that there may be a back up online, but I assume the firewall would need to be released by the previous registrant?

I was thinking that if the firewall was registered that there may be a back up online, but I assume the firewall would need to be released by the previous registrant?

Thank you for any help you guys can give me

Category: High End Firewalls

Answers

• MitatOngeMitatOnge All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Hi @JAlkazian

you should create a ticket on sonicwall support and they will ask a few questions and will transfer to your mysonicwall account.

if you have a latest backup config, you can create new config file with migration after take new generated config you can reset device and upload new device during safe mode. ( on the version 6.5)

https://migratetool.global.sonicwall.com/

• JAlkazianJAlkazian Newbie ✭
    If the previous company set up an online backup from the firewall to sonic wall, will that back up allow me to restore the configuration?
  • LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Following for future reference