Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Site to Site Tunnel Stopped Passing Traffic Besides ICMP

All of the sudden all of my site to site VPN tunnels stopped passing any traffic besides ping.

The tunnels all are all showing up, and I can ping in both directions to devices across the tunnels. But any other kind of traffic, web, voice, cctv, etc does not work. I tried restarting just the tunnels and the firewalls on both sides of the tunnel. This is very strange as I did not change anything and it happened to all 3 of my site to sites at the same time.

I looked at a packet capture and I see the HTTP traffic getting consumed on the local firewall but never forwarded on the other side. For ICMP traffic I see it get consumed and forwarded on the other-side, and then consumed and forwarded to the local firewall as expected.

These tunnels were all working fine as of yesterday, so this is very strange.

Category: Mid Range Firewalls
Tagged:

Answers

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

@Pugy365

Check any UTM features are enabled on VPN zone recently.

For testing disable the security features and try as well as check the LAN to VPN firewall rule and make the priority high.

• MitatOngeMitatOnge All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Please check connection monitor TX and RX rows. either one may not be responding to connections. we need to detect it. could you share connection monitor screenshot