Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Download config from a SonicWAVE AP?

LitBobOnLitBobOn Newbie ✭

Hi, My SonicWAVE are managed by local device. Is there a feature in the GUI to download the config like you see in the terminal view? I want to spot check some settings like radius and in the GUI you have to jump through numerous screens.

Alternatively is there a command to easily capture the config to a txt file via CLI?

Cheers,

-Bob

Category: SonicWave
Tagged:

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@LitBobOn

You can use "export" command for downloading the configuration.

Syntax:

export current-config { cli | exp } { ftp | scp }

Example:

export current-config cli ftp ftp://user:password@servername/sw-prodname-buildversion-ecli.txt

export current-config cli scp scp://user@server/sw-prodname-buildversion-ecli.txt

Answers

• LitBobOnLitBobOn Newbie ✭

Hi @Ajishlal

This is great. When I tried using the prompts, i.e. tab, for "export" it didn't show me any examples. One of the only commands which had no suggestions for variables.

Do you have a complete list of CLI commands?

Thank you,

-Bob

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

@LitBobOn - Here's the latest version: https://www.sonicwall.com/techdocs/pdf/sonicosx-7-command-line-interface-reference-guide.pdf

Your "export" command is on page 1019 (of 2274) - good luck!

• LitBobOnLitBobOn Newbie ✭

Hi @Larry,

Thanks for this. This guide does not appear to cover SonicWAVE but there may be some crossover.

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

@LitBobOn there doesn't appear to be any separate documentation for SonicWave devices. That's because half the SW engineering world believes them to be controlled via Wireless Network Manager (WNM) - so you don't need any, and the other half believes they are controlled by the firewall - so you don't need any.

Boundless schizophrenic behavior...