Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

How to configure both IP addresses on the same WAN port

Hello there!

We have acquired a new block of public network segment and our ISP has delivered us on the same fiber connection, so I would like to know how can we configure both public ip address on the same WAN port? it should be a virtual port or something like this?

Thank you

Category: High End Firewalls
Tagged:

Answers

• MitatOngeMitatOnge All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭
    You should add static arp for wan interface and after that you can use second ip block.

You can find out below knowledge base

https://www.sonicwall.com/support/knowledge-base/configuring-multiple-wan-subnets-using-static-arp-with-sonicos-enhanced/170503911164326/
  • ScottJScottJ Newbie ✭

Thank you so much for your comment,

I am going to follow this configuration.

Regards!!!!

• prestonpreston Enthusiast ✭✭
    edited May 2022

Hi @ScottJ , there is a simpler way to do this, in the Diag page there is an option to Enable Secondary Subnets enable this then in the settings on your WAN Interface add an IP address from the Secondary block they have give you

Save the settings then edit the WAN Interface and add any IP address in the subnet you wish,

once you have added an IP and subnet mask you can then use any IP in that subnet for NAT policies.

This is limited though to just one extra subnet so if your ISP gives you multiple blocks routed via the same internet connection you would need to use the Static ARP Method.

• ScottJScottJ Newbie ✭

Hello Preston,

Just a quick question.

Do you know if, can I apply these changes under production? o I have to shutdown the port and then apply the changes.

Please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

You should not have to shutdown the port. But be aware settings changes may cause a brief interruption.

• WBHTZ270WBHTZ270 Newbie ✭

Hi @Preston, I have a TZ270 (7.01), and can't find the 'Enable Secondary Subnets'. Can you give me a pointer? It doesn't seem to be in my Diagnotics group anywhere (or anywhere else I can find)

Thanks.

• MitatOngeMitatOnge All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Hi @WBHTZ270

as Preston said that you should enable secondary ip option in diag page "https://sonicwallmanagementipaddress/sonicui/7/m/diag/" without quote. and find the "Enable Secondary Subnets" button and enable it. after enabling you will see the secondary ip textbox under the wan interface menu.

• WBHTZ270WBHTZ270 Newbie ✭

Thank you. Found it after the very scary "The follow features are unsupported" warning.