Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Access Site B network from main site of Site to Site VPN using L2TP VPN

joinyasinjoinyasin Newbie ✭
edited October 2021 in Entry Level Firewalls

hi every one,

i have established site to site VPN using Main Mode between Main Site(Site A) and remote Site(Site B) and working very fine since 1 year,

and i have configure L2TP VPN also on site A that is main site mean my office and can access all recourses of My office using L2TP VPN without any issue.

now the Goal is to access recourses of Site B using Same L2TP VPN that configured on Site A

Note: I can ping from Site B IP Pool of L2TP VPN

my network parameters are

Site A or main Site firewall X1/WAN is directly connected to Service Provider with static IP

main site X2 network is 192.166.10.0/24(DHCP is 192.166.31 to 192.166.10.253), remote site X2 network is 172.16.10.0/24 and Tunnel is working fine.

L2TP IP pool is from main site network that is 192.166.16.16 to 192.166.10.30

i have seen similar articles to access remote Site B using VPN but not L2TP

Note: i don't want to change L2TP IP pool.

i have tried below 3 article to test but no luck please guide how i can meet my requirement, last article show that i can find Wan RemoteAccess Networks under network but in my both firewall i was unable to find the same.

Category: Entry Level Firewalls
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

You might have to change your site to site VPN tunnel to a VPN tunnel interface to be able to achieve your goal.

Otherwise I'd suggest the more flexible GVC or SSLVPN client.

• Options
    SteRadamSteRadam Newbie ✭

Hello, I'm having a similar problem:

my StS is between a Cisco Router and my TZ, and I can't include the L2TP IP pool in che cisco-side StS scope.

The GVC client works OK, but in native L2TP connection (win and MAC) the L2TP IP pool acquired can't communicate with the Remote network.

I bypass the problem setting the L2TP IP pool in the same nework of the LAN.

Maybe someone can suggest a better solution?