Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Firmware question

HI,

I am new to the Sonicwall and  just inherited 4 Sonicwalls.

I have to replace an NSA 2600 with an NSA 2650. I know that both Sonicwalls must be have the last firmware for configuration export to works.

The firmware of current NSA 2600 is at 6.2.7.1-23n in my sonicwall support I can see the last firmaware version for NSA 2600 is 6.5.4.5-53n, can I upgrade from  6.2.7.1-23n directly  to 6.5?

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Best Answer

Answers

• mrshahinmrshahin Newbie ✭

Hi Shipra,

Thanks for your reply,

If I understood you correctly, First on the current NSA 2600 I have to upgrade from 6.2.7.1 to 6.2.9.2 and then to 6.5.4.5

After I have also to upgrade the new one to 6.5.4.5 and after that we can export the configration from the current NSA 2600 to the new NSA 2650, am I right?

• You are absolutely right! @mrshahin

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• NevyadithaNevyaditha Moderator

@mrshahin ,

Please take a backup of your configuration as and when you upgrade to the next firmware.

Follow the KB below for Exporting your configuration

Please let us know if you have any issues.

Thanks

Nevyaditha P

• I would strongly recommend upgrading the NSa-2650 to the current Maintenance Release, SonicOS 6.5.4.6-79n. It contains huge numbers of important fixes compared to the previous SonicOS 6.5.4.5-53n. Generally speaking, I believe the best practice for SonicOS firmware is either to be on a General Release version, or the latest Maintenance Release version in the same branch you are running. A branch is composed of three version digits, such as SonicOS 6.5.4.x . I hope this helps.

• Halon5Halon5 Enthusiast ✭✭

The 6.5.3 release was stable for us (not 6.5.4.4 / 6.5.4.5 which weren't) and we are currently moving many of our compliment to 6.5.4.6-79n.

• Yes, 6.5.4.6 includes a lot of fixes related to DPI -SSL.

Shipra Sahu

• Poorni_5Poorni_5 SonicWall Employee

@Halon5 ,

I believe the issues that you reported regarding switch might also be resolved as this version was hit hard for testing lot of issues and contains fixes for many.

Thanks & Regards,

Poornima.T.R

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @MRSHAHIN and @HALON5,

I indeed agree with @JOHN_LASERSOHN. This specific version 6.5.4.6-79n which is available in MSW right now has tremendous fixes. You can check the release notes available in MSW for more information.

Have a better day!!!

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• mrshahinmrshahin Newbie ✭

Thank you all for your replies

I did first upgrade both the devices to the 6.5.1.1-42n and export the config of the NSA 2600 to NSA 2650 and after that upgrade the NSA 2650 to 6.5.4.6-79n

I will replace the 2600 this week.

Thanks you all.

• Sure, @mrshahin. Let us know how it goes.

Shipra Sahu