Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

I have a TZ370 that says "policy inactive due to GEO-IP license".

I have a TZ370 that says "policy inactive due to GEO-IP license". I don't have geo-ip enabled on any of my policies so why is it giving me this error?

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    SaravananSaravanan Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @DOUGLAS,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

This was a known issue on firmware versions 7.0.0.x and has been addressed on versions 7.0.1.x.

Please upgrade your SonicWall appliances to the latest firmware version 7.0.1-5018 to get the error removed.

Hope this helps!!!

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

Answers

• ZyxianZyxian Newbie ✭

Hello.

I just set up my first Policy Access Rule and I'm getting the same message. The firmware version is SonicOS 7.0.0-R906 and it says it is current.

What do I do now?

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@Zyxian this was already answered in August 2021, upgrade to the latest Firmware, R906 is by far not the latest, check on MySonicWall, 7.0.1-5065 is the latest (and greatest so far).

--Michael@BWC

• ZyxianZyxian Newbie ✭

Thank you Michael@BWC.

Found it and it is updated.

• SliderhomeSliderhome Enthusiast ✭✭
    edited May 2022

R906 is by far not the latest, check on MySonicWall, 7.0.1-5065 is the latest (and greatest so far).

Be careful, if you upgrade from r906 and have a TZ470 and TZ570, you will lose SFP+ support and wil not work anymore (no 2,5 or 5 Gbps).