Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

GVC without DHCP

TomCanTomCan Newbie ✭

If I'm connecting to a site by GVClient but their DHCP server is down but I still need to connect to other devices, how can I get set a fixed IP in GVC so I can connect despite no DHCP?

Category: VPN Client

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    TomCanTomCan Newbie ✭
    Answer ✓

Oh. You mean go into the Sonicwall Virtual NIC on the client and change its settings. Okay I tried it and it's workable but a couple of things that I guess could be feedback to sonicwall.

1. It would make a lot more sense to have this as a setting in GVC per connection. I have half a dozen I connect to and if just one of them needs a fixed IP that means I have to go in and change it every time. If it was a setting saved with each connection...
    2. Weird but it only works after the fact. If I let GVC make it's connection, THEN go into NIC settings and set a fixed IP I can get to the server and RDP works. If I set a fixed IP before making the GVC connection, then connect, it says it's connected but RDP fails and pinging the server fails. Don't know what that's about but another way this is an awkward work around.

Thanks for the info.

Answers

• MitatOngeMitatOnge All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

@TomCan

Yes, you can set static ip on client and you can access network

• TomCanTomCan Newbie ✭

Where? Looking at the available settings in GVC there's no place to specify an IP.

• MitatOngeMitatOnge All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

not on the gvc, you should set to Network sharing center "Sonicwall interface settings."