Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Sonicwall SSL-VPN Authentication with Azure AD Domain Services

jordandlancejordandlance Newbie ✭

Following a recent move into Azure AD, O365 and Intune etc. we now have little requirement for an on-prem physical Domain Controller and instead are looking at moving into AADDS for domain services.

The thing I am wondering is if we can completed SSL-VPN authentication requests from the Sonicwall to AADDS for LDAP/s authentication. I have tried to find some articles online about how this can/or if it can be achieved but I am drawing a blank at the moment.

I can't see why we would be unable to unless the Sonicwall don't have the integration available, which I can't see happening with their size and the worlds use of Azure AD and AADDS.

Category: SSL VPN

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    SonicAdmin80SonicAdmin80 Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I have set this up. You need Azure VPN Gateway and an IPsec tunnel to Azure from on-prem, but other than that it works just like any other AD/LDAP connection. No add-ons needed if you just do basic authentication.

As said above, with SMA you can use SAML and the AADDS & VPN combo shouldn't be needed.

Answers