Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Where can I find the release notes for SonicOS 9.2.3.7-5o?

LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

I just activated two 231o devices and the firmware was outdated, so I did the upgrade to SonicOS 9.2.3.7-5o.

Only thing is, I can't seem to find exactly what changed in this latest version.

Where are the release notes kept?

Thanks!

Category: SonicWave

Answers

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

@Larry

I asked this same question 2yrs back still its not yet reached to Sonicwall..😏

Last time I asked in this community as well but no proper answer.

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Opened Support Case 43955574 for this.

• ThKThK Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@Larry any news on this? I wait for an upgrade on the integrated Netextender Module (it´s Linux 8.x Version) - can you give me good news ?

--Thomas

@Larry oh its newer version listed in the UPgrade section. Which would be prefered as better?

SonicWave-231c/224w/231o9.2.3.7_8

PatchApril 24 2022

--Thomas

Thomas - at this point I barely trust the production version. There's no way I'm going with the patch version UNLESS SOMEONE FROM SONICWALL TELLS ME WHAT'S IN IT!

• EnaEna SonicWall Employee

Hi Larry,

Release Note are posted to the Technical Documentation site, or can be found in MSW. The quickest way to find a particular Release Notes is to filter by product (SonicOS is found under Firewalls and SMA is found under Secure Remote Access), then select Release Notes under the documentation type.

• SMA 100: There has been a 9.0.0.11. - not yet a 9.2 release. 
    • GMS: GMS allows users to manage multiple SonicOS devices through it’s interface. We can confirm a 9.2 release (GMS 9.2 is an older release) 9.3 is the currently supported version.

Let me know if that helps!

@EnaBev we talk about the SonicWave Firmware ! not GMS nor SMA

--Thomas

CSR responds:

So far that info I have been told is that there are no release notes for the access points. 

I am contacting our wireless PM to confirm this and will get back to you.

(Side note, I will inform them that customers would like to know the changes with each release)

So there is now little to no hope of getting this information any time soon.

@Larry I have now decided to close my eyes and go through with it. Upgraded 4 active SW224 on 2 customers. Luckily they came straight back online to the Portal. But we´´see tomorrow. I filled up my car with gasoline ;-)

Patch 9.2.3.7_8

--Thomas

And more!

Got some good news.

I spoke to the Wireless PM. They said they are committed to making release notes for the access points available for future releases :).

We are checking with out teams for the current release ones - I'll get back to you on this one.

So, there could be some light at the end of this tunnel (not necessarily the one from the oncoming train)...

Latest update:

There should be release notes when the next version releases (9.2.4.0 ) towards the end of the month.

How exciting!