Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Cannot pull an IPv4 address using the GVC?

TZ470 running SonicOS 7.0.1-5030.

I cannot seem to get the SW documentation for DHCP over VPN to work as indicated. If I follow the Knowledgebase articles for setting up a a VPN to "route all Internet traffic through the client IPsec VPN" I never get a valid IP address.

I have the VPN group Policy>client>Client Connections>Virtual Adapter Settings set to DHCP Lease. I have the DHCP over VPN set to Use Internal DHCP Server, For Global VPN CLient, Send requests to the server address listed below. I have tried the X0 interface IP (in my case this is a /30 network hop to the core switch) as well as the gateway IP of the VLAN I wish to pull from which is a defined Network Address Object. I can connect this way, I can ping all the internal resources I want and I can ping public IPs, but I cannot connect to the internet and what I get from an ipconfig /all simply shows an IPv6 address even though I have no IPv6 enabled. Am I missing something from the doc? I don't have an external DHCP to point to. The documentation says to 'Enter the IP Address of your DHCP Server" in this field but for some reason doesn't indicate what that would be even though the previous steps say to configure a scope on the sonicwall itself.

The only way I can get internet access is using split tunnels, with no VPN Cliennt Virtual Adapter and by adding the VLAN to the user/group VPN Access tab that I want the address to pull from. Even then it's still an untranslatable IPv6 address.

Any idea what I'm missing?

Category: VPN Client

Answers

• MitatOngeMitatOnge All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

can you share GVC RULE and DHCP OVER VPN (Center mode settings pages)

• liquidmikeliquidmike Newbie ✭

I'm not sure what you mean by GVC RULE but this is the DHCP related settings at the moment. As i mentioned, if I have the Virtual Adapter settings set to DHCP lease as the SonicWall knowledgebase article states, I never pull an IP address and the GVC stalls at the Acquiring IP Address state, but does disconnect me from internet connectivity (for non-split tunnel) and displays an IPv6 address for the virtual adapter when diplaying an ipconfig /all.

• MitatOngeMitatOnge All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

is Sonicwall internal DHCP server enable? or do you use internal other dhcp server? where is your dhcp server located?

• liquidmikeliquidmike Newbie ✭

all of the scopes are on the sonicwall. I can pull an address properly if i disable that Virtual Adapter settings option and apply a specific VLAN to the VPN user/group. The frustrating part is that this completely goes against the Sonicwall Documentation.