Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

get alert

mrshahinmrshahin Newbie ✭

Hi guy's,

We have some Sonicwall TZ270 and TZ300 and all of these devices have a site 2 site vpn connections to the aws.

It looks like that last week the vpn connection went down in one of the remote locations and one of the services were not available for sometimes without we knew anything about it.

I want to get an alert when the vpn connection goes down.

I have already configure the smtp and device send mail, to get an alert when vpn goes down configuring these 2 options is enough?

Category: SSL VPN

Answers

• MitatOngeMitatOnge All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

In addition; you can set to "Network / System / Network Monitor" rules for vpn connection and enable email log for "Device/ Logs / Settings / Network / Networkmonitor" sub log details..

• mrshahinmrshahin Newbie ✭

Hi @MitatOnge Thank you for your reply,

So I don't need to do those steps that I mentioned in my previous post and only follow your suggestions, correct?

Also when I go to the Network / System / Network Monitor to add a rule there I cannot see anything regarding my site 2 site vpn connections at the Probe Target!! or I am looking at the wrong location?

Thanks

• MitatOngeMitatOnge All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

Actually you should enable both of them (your suggestions and mine). This is double control mechanism on the log records.

In my opinion, add network monitor rule for vpn site to site tunnel.

You should add target site B router ip or other accessible site B target from site A. This rule will check Site B target and if connection lost will be drop log records or you can set network monitor rule and assign to Routing policy after that if connection lost routing service will be disable active vpn route connection via monitor rule and will reroute second priority routing for this vpn target by the routing service.

• mrshahinmrshahin Newbie ✭

@MitatOnge unfortunately I cannot find anything related to the vpn when creating the network monitor rule, it looks like that you can only chose from address objects or address object group!