Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

NFR License

Hi,

Do SonicWALL offer an NFR license? Or something similar? We have a number of physical devices, so having a VM we can test settings on, would be great.

We have a number of new staff starting, who will need training on our firewalls, but instead of training them on our production ones, having one as a VM would be ideal, so they can practice on that.

I know you can register for a 30 day trail, but it's a pain to set it up each time.

Thanks,

Category: Virtual Firewall

Answers

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@MartinDT yes, you should contact your SonicWall Partner representative.

Excerpt from the NFR Guidelines (downloadable from the SecureFirst Partner Portal):

SonicWall® SecureFirst Partner Program Not For Resale Program Guidelines

SonicWall is a partner-centric organization and we understand that our partners are an integral part of our joint success. One of the many ways SonicWall help partners is via the Not For Resale (NFR) Program, which provides partners valuable hands-on experience with SonicWall’s solution portfolio. The NFR Program allows partners to use SonicWall products in their test labs, live demonstrations, or internal infrastructure. These activities provide a strong foundation of product knowledge that translate into confidence around the solutions, which ultimately drives success in the marketplace.

SecureFirst Registered, Silver, Gold, and Platinum partners are invited to take advantage of Not For Resale (NFR) offers to cost-effectively demonstrate the value of SonicWall solutions.

--Michael@BWC

• MartinDTMartinDT Newbie ✭

The above, reads that only partners will be able to get an NFR license, for their use. (Or that's how I read it).

Is the offer, open to end users? If so, do we just need to speak with our reseller, to get the license?

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@MartinDT I can only answer this as a partner (no affiliation to SNWL). NFR is for partners only and like the name suggests, it's not for resale, where endusers come in place. You need to contact your partner of choice to get a retail product.

--Michael@BWC