Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

TZ670 firmware 7.x problems

YTrm38YTrm38 Newbie ✭
edited March 2022 in Entry Level Firewalls

(1) Under DHCP Server current leases, none of the column headings will sort. Clicking a column heading for Name, IP, Host, Vendor, MAC ID doesn't sort -- very unhelpful with a couple hundred items.

(2) The Knowledge Base documents in search results for "DHCP assigning Static IP" only show documents for firmware versions 6.5 and 6.2, which are much different than 7.x. I know how to assign static IP in DHCP with the old firmware but looked high and low and never found it in firmware 7.

I would have filed a bug report for these but couldn't because my mysonicwall registration is only for an old client's firewall. My other clients with SonicWall firewalls have me work on them directly without me being attached to their mysonicall accounts.

Category: Entry Level Firewalls
Tagged:

Answers

• DrComputerDrComputer Newbie ✭

I've submitted a ticket for this exact same issue. Let's see how many firmware revisions it takes them to fix it.

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

I have a TZ270W running the 5051 firmware and do not see this problem.

Are you saying that it only appears in the TZ670 model? If so, what firmware are you using?

• YTrm38YTrm38 Newbie ✭

I've only looked in the TZ670 running firmware 7.x.

It wasn't a problem with pre-7 firmware versions in my experience in the TZ670.

@YTrm38 - I'm not sure I understand. Any TZx7x device does not run pre-7 firmware versions - it is not possible.

And I should have been more explicit. I am running Firmware Version 7.0.1-5051 on my TZ270W.

What SPECIFIC firmware version are you running on your TZ670?

How did you get your configuration on to that firewall? Meaning, did you export it and import it from a Gen 6 device? Or did you use the Migration Tool to create the file?

Trying to help without knowing more is really not possible.

• YTrm38YTrm38 Newbie ✭

I'm not asking for troubleshooting help. It's a bug that appeared in 7.x. I hoped updating to the latest 7 firmware update 5051 would fix it.

the bug's in all version of 7 I tried

pre-7 firmware on other sonic wall routers (tz600 and some 200 series) didn't have this problem.

column sorting worked in previous versions of the firmware on different sonicwalls.

Another post here verifies the same problem. it's a firmware issue probably not tied to a particular model but even if it is users can't fix it, only firmware programmers.

I spending billable time answering your questions, which I feel were unnecessary. I could have ignored them and will do so from this point.

• RussFRussF Newbie ✭

I can confirm that my TZ470 (still on -5050 until this weekend) does not sort properly, however there is no need to be rude to someone just trying to help.

Russ

@RussF - have you taken any steps to see if this aberrant behavior exists in more than one browser?

Asking as one who, despite SonicWall's preference for Chrome, still uses Firefox (where it sorts as expected).

Also going back to question of the method by which your configuration was established in the Gen 7 device.

The more information that is provided on this public forum, the easier it will be for other partners and customers to find the relevant information in their Google (or SonicWall-specific) searches.

• RussFRussF Newbie ✭

@Larry - Our TZ470 was configured using the online migration tool from a TZ400.

I can confirm that the sorting behavior is identical in Chrome, Edge and Firefox.

In Network / System / DHCP Server / Current DHCP Leases, when you click on any of the column headings to sort, all that happens is that the items rearrange to the exact reverse of the order they originally appeared in (which in and of itself is no particular order). Click again, and the order returns to the original - like a toggle.

We have a relatively small DHCP pool as the vast majority of our devices are static, so I seldom check that information. I only looked after reading this thread to see if ours behaved the same as reported - and it does.

Russ

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@Larry I checked a customer TZ 470 (5051) and a TZ 570 (5030) and it's like @RussF described it, only flipping the entries from top to bottom and vice versa, no sorting.

--Michael@BWC

Had the OP written that clicking a column headers works, but it does not sort the elements, I would not have asked so many questions.

all that happens is that the items rearrange to the exact reverse of the order they originally appeared in (which in and of itself is no particular order). Click again, and the order returns to the original - like a toggle.

Thank you for clarifying. That is exactly what happens.

I am no longer amazed at how poor the Quality Assurance testing was - and is - for this product.