Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

TZ370 Firewall - Firmware is not Compatible

We have a TZ370 Firewall with a current firmware version 7.0.0-R906, yet when trying to update to hte current version 7.0.1-5051 or even the latest Version with 7.0.0-R... we recieve the error message "Firmware is not compatible".

The model of firewall matches the model shown in the portal, even the serial number matches. The md5sum is the exact same as shown for the update, yet when trying to upload the firmware it refuses to do so.

What other options are still left to try and fix this issue?

Category: Mid Range Firewalls
Tagged:

Answers

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@np_ there was a similar question on Reddit, but no final answer on this.

Because you checked it's the correct model (TZ370 vs. TZ370W) and the MD5 checksum. My last option would be use different browsers, I always had the best results with Firefox. Safe mode might be enother option, but shouldn't be necessary.

If nothing of this works I guess you have to check with Support.

--Michael@BWC

• np_np_ Newbie ✭

unfortunately i receive a database error when accessing the Sonicwall from firefox and I get an error that the Sonicwall is unregistered when trying to upload the Firmware.

The previous attempts with the "Firmware is not compatible" are consistent with Chrome, Edge and IE.

The Error received when logging in with Firefox:

Failed to open cache db: [A mutation operation was attempted on a database that did not allow mutations.]

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

@np_ just trying to clarify.

Can you log into the SonicWall device at all?

If so, go to Device, then Firewall Settings, then Licenses, and click the Synchronize icon in the upper right-hand corner

Then click on the MySonicWall icon. This will open another browser window. Log into your account. Go to the appropriate Tenant. Click on the Serial number to pull up the details. Show the Maintenance Key. You'll need this for Safe Mode.

If you can't log into the SonicWall device at all, you've got two choices: Access it in Safe Mode (you'll need that Maintenance Key) - or call Support and go through this exercise.