Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Did MySonicWall Version 19.7 just break the ability to create NSM support incidents?

LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2022 in MySonicWall

I went to create a new Gen 7 case today and saw that there is now only one data entry box on the Technical Service Requests screen, for Product name.

The drop-down still shows "Enter serial number in below text box" however, that "below text box" is no longer there.

But, to enter a case for NSM, one must enter the "Cloud GMS" serial number. And that is no longer possible.

This field is missing in both Firefox and Chrome. I don't usually check Edge...

@EnaBev or @Micah could you please ask around as to the status of the missing data entry field (and what was supposed to happen on this page)?

Thanks!

Category: MySonicWall

Best Answer

Answers

• EnaEna SonicWall Employee

Hi Larry,

Thanks for reaching out. I'll flag this with our product management team and get back to you soon.

Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

@EnaBev - still waiting (still broken).

Guess no one wants any new NSM support cases, huh?

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you blame them?

edited March 2022

OK, so MSW is now version: 19.8

The "fix" to the missing field seems to have been developed as follows.

If, in the first field Product, you select the entry, "Enter serial number in below text box" the second field Serial Number appears.

Otherwise, you simply select (or enter) the "friendly name" of the device.

Of course, there is absolutely NO indication that this is how you need to enter a device serial number.

Boundless guesses as to how to interact with a UI - simply awful.

• EnaEna SonicWall Employee

Hi Larry,

Thanks again for raising this with SonicWall. To enter a serial number, select the option as shown below and then the serial number text box will show up on the screen.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Unfortunately, no one is going to know to do that (unless they read this post).

If you read what the instructions say, it makes no sense BECAUSE THERE IS NO SERIAL NUMBER BOX present. You have to select that option for a hidden field to appear. NO ONE is going to intuit that behavior!

It is an AWFUL coding construct that is user vicious as opposed to user friendly.