Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

NSA 3600 TRANSFER

GOOD DAY!! COMMUNITY, I HAVE A DOUBT WITH FIREWALL NSA 3600 THAT WAS TRANSFERRED TO MY ACCOUNT.
BUT WHEN I REGISTER THE EQUIPMENT I GET THIS MESSAGE

This is a SonicWall High Availability appliance. The SonicWall High Availability Policy allows you to use this appliance only in conjunction with an identical device designated as the Primary device. All licensing applied on your Primary device will automatically available on this Secondary device. Please designate a Primary device for this unit at www.mysonicwall.com

IS THERE A PROBLEM IN THE FIREWALL FOR ITS USE?
CAN I REMOVE THIS MESSAGE?

I HOPE YOUR SUPPORT THANK YOU!!

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Answers

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

@JESUS

As per your above message, The transferred unit as a HA (Backup/secondary) unit and it cannot be usable without the primary unit. The Primary SonicWall is the only appliance that needs to have the Security Services licensed.

High Availability allows two identical SonicWALL security appliances running SonicOS Enhanced to be configured to provide a reliable, continuous connection to the public Internet. One SonicWALL device is configured as the Primary unit, and an identical SonicWALL device is configured as the Backup unit. In the event of the failure of the Primary SonicWALL, the Backup SonicWALL takes over to secure a reliable connection between the protected network and the Internet. Two appliances configured in this way are also known as a High Availability Pair (HA Pair).

• Hi @JESUS ,

The appliance you have received is a secondary appliance and can't be used as a standalone unit. All the licenses will be shared from the Primary appliance to the Secondary Licenses.

When the appliances are associated as an HA pair, they share licenses. In addition to High Availability licenses, this includes the SonicOS Enhanced license, security services licenses, and the Support subscription. License synchronization is used so that the Secondary appliance can maintain the same level of network protection provided before the failover.

Please ensure the devices are correctly set up in the HA mode.

Nevyaditha P

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services