Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Why is my dpi controls not working properly

Hi all I am having an issue in where my dpi ssl include and exclude controls do not work properly the problem is whenever I set an object to be included or excluded it changes to those addresses but no matter what devices I’m on include exclude or not mentioned if the device gets a dpissl certificate i spoke on the phone with multiple support team members and they can not find an answer I only want certain devices on dpi ssl and I want specific devices purposely not on dpissl if someone has seen this problem before please help.
Category: Firewall Security Services

Answers

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tg1986

Share with us your DPI SSL configuration.

Find the below KB for DPI SSL troubleshooting;

• Tg1986Tg1986 Newbie ✭
    The x3 interface has 3 vlans with dpi ssl there are three devices through MAC address which was working till about 3 days ago however during troubleshooting we tried ip but niether now of them worked if I only include one object or a group of objects everything is part of dpissl everything is receiving a dpi ssl certificate which is a problem in itself so I have certain devices in the exclude so and it has the same problem if I set one or a group of objects wether Mac or ip to exclude it won’t exlude and that device still receives a dpissl certificate
  • fmadiafmadia Moderator

@Tg1986 The best option to investigate this type of issue is via our Technical Support Team (https://www.sonicwall.com/support/contact-support/) as it requires more details and information about the configuration.

The issue you're seeing should not happen if DPI-SSL is configured correctly so our engineers should be able to verify the configuration.