Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Gen 7 - where are VPN policies listed?

LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Deleting (or attempting to delete) all references to GMS from a migrated device.

When I click the trash can, I get this:

So where do I find this mysterious VPN Policy?

Thanks so much!

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

@Ajishlal these are auto-added remnants from NSM and I thought that once the main rules were deleted the objects - which now show no reference - could be deleted.

I downloaded the TSR and stepped through it with EditPlus to find all references to "GMS" and, eventually, tracked it down to Network - IPSec VPN - Rules and Settings. (I'm sorry SW, but that's not quite obvious.)

I located the NSM-created policy and deleted it, which let me delete those objects. Time for more cleanup!

Answers

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Check the object is added / used in VPN policy or check unused ACL rules. (VPN->LAN - LAN->VPN)

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

so you mean NSM is the culprit :) Good luck

• MitatOngeMitatOnge All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

@Larry did you try list vpn policies via CLI?

maybe the gui is not showing the vpn settings.

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

@MitatOnge the GUI most definitely shows them. My question was: where, exactly, is that.

Found it though the hunt-and-poke method, primarily because I don't normally refer to VPN as IPSec VPN. Nor did the Gen 6.5 GUI.