Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

3rd User Connecting via NetExtender Unable to Ping some IP Addresses

I am having an issue with a new TZ 370. I am new to SSL VPN services through a SonicWALL, so it could be that I misunderstood license requirements. I am trying to configure the SonicWALL to allow up to 25 remote users to connect with NetExtender in order to remote into a RDS server. I purchased a 25 count SSL VPN and installed it. My license shows Count 27 licensed. However, while the first two netextender users to connect can ping the RDS Server's IP address and connect via Remote Desktop Connection using the IP Address of an RDS server, the third netextender user to connect is unable to ping or connect to the IP Address of the RDS server. I did notice that remote access services only shows two users.

Firmware is SonicOS 7.0.0-R906.

Category: SSL VPN

Answers

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

@sheadyman

Did you add the user in SSLVPN Service group membership?

• AJISHLAL, really appreciate you taking the time to consider and reply. I was desperate, so I ended up paying an expert to look at it. I had everything setup correctly according to him. I had actually followed instructions provided on this forum. The issue was that the range I had configured for the SSL VPN DHCP scope overlapped with the General DHCP, and there were already leased IP addresses issued by the general DHCP that were within the range SSL VPN DHCP. I am not sure exactly why that would cause the issue; none of the the three SSL VPN users had IP address that overlapped with the leased addressed coming from DHCP. Nonetheless, I cannot argue with the fact that the symptom went away when he moved the SSL VPN DHCP range to a range that was outside of the General DHCP range and free of any leased ip addresses.