Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Dramatic drop in Bandwidth with NetExtender Tunnel All Mode

JasJas Newbie ✭

I have 74Mbps BT broadband and am running NetExtender 10.2.322 at home, and at My Corporate side I have an SMA410 with 10.2.1.4-31sv a Virgin Media lease line with 200Mbps upload & download.

When I establish a NetExtender tunnel-all-mode connection my download bandwidth (as measured by OOKLA speed test) drops from 74Mbps to less than 20Mbps (my upload bandwidth seems unaffected)

This scenario is repeated for many of our users (all working from home due to Covid-19 restrictions), they have different ISPs in different locations, but in all cases the bandwidth NetExtender with tunnel-all-mode compared to split tunnel mode or with no NetExtender drops down to between 40% - 10%

The biggest impact is that our users cannot use Microsoft Teams due to audio drop outs or total dropped connections.

Is there anyone who can offer any insight into what is happening here, and if there are any remedial steps or configuration changes that might help us deal with this issue.

Category: VPN Client

Answers

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

This is not unusual. Think about what is happening when you use tunnel-all mode, how your traffic is encapsulated to traverse the VPN, and how many connections are happening simultaneously.