Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

NetExtender Compatibility with Latest Windows 10

Is NetExtender no longer compatible with Windows 10 2004 and up?

Even with core isolation OFF, NetExtender will not complete install ("Damaged version of NetExtender was detected on your computer").

It is not installing the Sonicwall VPN adapter and shows error Code 48

Category: SSL VPN

Answers

• MitatOngeMitatOnge All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Hi @moonraker

Nextender supports windows 10. You need clean install on windows 10.

use this tools and uninstall nextender installation. https://www.revouninstaller.com

Lates version is here: https://software.sonicwall.com/NetExtender/NetExtender-10.2.315.MSI

check your firewall version via mysonicwall account.

• moonrakermoonraker Newbie ✭
    edited January 2022

It is a new Windows clean install and NetExtender-10.2.315.MSI will not completely install

• BernhardBernhard Newbie ✭

I have the same problem with 6 brand new Dell Lattitude 9420 Latptops. I can install the NetExtender but then the following problem occurs:

Driver for this hardware can't be loaded. The same problem with all the 6 laptops. Multiple deinstallation / installation don't fix the problem. NetExtender ist the Version 10.2.315. Any ideas?

• MitatOngeMitatOnge All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

can you unpacking msi with 7zip and update driver on hardware manager.

Driver can't be updatet because of the following warning:

Windows has found drivers for the device, but while the installation an error occured. The system can't find the mentioned file.

The Solution is discribed on support sites of sonicwall website: NetExtender Error : "Damaged version of NetExtender was detected on your computer" | SonicWall

It's a problem of the Core Isolation settings of windows 10. It seems that they are set to "on" by default on new installations now.

• ThKThK Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

I didnt read this and run into trouble with win 7 clients which auto updated the netextender.

find on SMA_10.2.1.4_ReleaseNotes.pdf :

NetExtender Version Supported Firewall Firmware NetExtender clients 10.2.322 for Windows10, 11 and 10.2.835 for Linux GEN 6/6.5 – 6.4.5.9-92n GEN 7 – 7.0.1-5030

NetExtender Version Supported SMA Firmware NetExtender clients 10.2.322 for Windows10, 11 and 10.2.835 for Linux 10.2.1.4-31sv

--Thomas

• hokiplchokiplc Newbie ✭

I sincerely hope that there is a proper solution soon as we have 40 users working from home, BUT I have 2 kludges that work for now:

KLUDGE 1

1. Uninstall NetExtender using Revo Uninstaller (free version works fine).
    2. Try to install the latest version from here: https://software.sonicwall.com/NetExtender/NetExtender-10.2.315.MSI -
    3. IMPORTANT - in file explorer make a temporary folder eg SVPN then go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\SonicWall\SSL-VPN\NetExtender
    4. When the install puts the files here select all and copy and paste them into your temp folder
    5. The installer will likely fail and roll back the installation telling you to "Try Again" - trying again will not help!
    6. Copy the files from your temporary folder back to C:\Program Files (x86)\SonicWall\SSL-VPN\NetExtender and run NEGui.exe - it should work but you will need to manually create shortcuts/startup etc.

KLUDGE 2

1. In Microsoft Store search for Sonicwall MobileConnect
    2. "Get" it and install.
    3. Add your VPN - format for connection is https://YOUR_CONNECTION:4433 assuming default settings
    4. Make the connection and input your login credentials.

As far as I can see there is no script to execute to remake network mappings etc so a separate BAT file may be needed.

Both ugly solutions more bandaid than fix, but at least everyone can work!

• CCWaukITCCWaukIT Newbie ✭

I cannot get  Sonicwall MobileConnect from the Microsoft Store. It is found when I search for it like in the image below, but when I select it, I get the message, "The thing you are looking for isn't here We probably don't have it, but just in case try searching for it. Refreshing that page doesn't help.

I am trying to use this because I keep getting the message Installation Incomplete - The installer was interrupted before SonicWall NetExtender could be installed. You need to restart the installer to try again. This is for NetExtender-x64-10.2.322. It used to work on this computer but I had to reimage it. I have tried all of the other suggested tips.

• @CCWaukIT Is Memory Integrity core isolation OFF?

What version of Windows 10 when you tried to install NetExtender-x64-10.2.322?

edited February 2022

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 21H2

Memory Integrity core isolation is OFF

I was just able to install it on my personal computer but even though I can see it in the store when looking through the browser, when it launches the store, I still get the error. I am able install some apps, but get this same error message on others.

edited February 2022

I just figured out how to fix the MS Store issue. I am able to get MobileConnect to work so I am not going to worry about NetExtender.

How to Restore Microsoft Store - Microsoft Community

**Reset the Microsoft Store cache

Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

• SonicAdmin80SonicAdmin80 Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@CCWaukIT Be aware that Mobile Connect on Windows is EOL and might stop working after some Windows update: https://www.sonicwall.com/support/product-lifecycle-tables/sonicwall-mobile-connect/software/