Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

TZ Gen 7 tunnel VPN double WAN routing problem

Hello everyone,

does anyone find routing problems in this setup?

It happens to me that when the main line goes down the secondary VPN with relative routing also falls.

Tz570 system in HA ver 7.0.1-5050-R2374

I tried with an old version 7.0.0-R906 and the problem doesn't arise.

The weird thing as I said is that both VPN tunnels go down at the same time.

Thanks

Fabiano

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Comments

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@fabybaruz I never saw this, but I might can look into this because this seems serious.

We're talking about Tunnel Interfaces which are bound to X1 and X2 for example? Did you checked the System log what happens when one line is going down?

--Michael@BWC

• I don't have log; I need to simulate the problem another time.

I think this is a problem of the OS than so I will open a ticket to te support.

• @Michael@BWC in the log you see that when I remove the X1 wan and the failover start to X2 wan the yellow record indicate that tunnel associated to X2 goes down.

• Support aknoledge the problem and recommend to wait the next cumulative patch.

I'm afraid he's waiting for nothing.

• fabybaruzfabybaruz Newbie ✭

finnally with the 5060 firmware we have solved the problem

@fabybaruz you got a pre-release of the 5060 build because 5051 is the latest public available at the moment?

--Michael@BWC

• fabybaruzfabybaruz Newbie ✭

Yes

@fabybaruz sounds promising because I need to deploy Gen7 in a similar scenario, hopefully 5060 will arive til than.

--Michael@BWC