Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Does Sonicwall firewall GVC client integrated with Microsoft MFA?

Hi

Does Sonicwall firewall GVC client integrated with Microsoft MFA?

Regards

Nikhil Yadav

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Answers

• Options
    SriSri Moderator

Hello @yadnikhil

Thank you for reaching us on SonicWall communities.

Tagging our Subject Matter Experts for further assistance.

@shiprasahu93 @Saravanan @Nevyaditha @Poorni_5 @Rakesh_Ramesh

Thanks and Regards,

Sridevi G

Global Service Account Manager,Premier Services

• Options

Hello @yadnikhil,

We support 2FA using RSA RADIUS token as given in the KB below.

Microsoft authenticator application is a TOTP (Time based OTP) which is only available for SSLVPN at the moment.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• Options
    RedNetRedNet Enthusiast ✭✭

@yadnikhil You can use radius for the GVC logins and point to NPS on a windows server and install the o365 NPS plugin, if you are looking to leverage o365 MFA.

• Options
    DarthDadDarthDad Newbie ✭

Do you have any guides for how to implement Microsoft MFA? I have configured Microsoft Remote Gateway to use MFA with the NPS plugin but can't get the SSLVPN nor GVC to work.

• Options

Here we are 2023 with no proper integration of the GVC client with Microsoft Azure MFA. This is killing me and the Fortinet folks are walking all over my accounts, their IPSEC VPN client does it all.

I've setup several small clients with the NPS Plugin solution but its not a TOTP, its just a "is that you" solution so no prompt from the GVC client...

Has anything been done since 2020 ?! Will anything be done to bring us into 2022... oh, too late...

• Options
    TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

As stated earlier, SSLVPN is the way to go with Sonicwalls if you want to use TOTP.