Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

LAN port available on AP 231c in Mesh MP mode?

Hi, I created Mesh network with several 231c access points and the remote units are powered by external power supply. The problem is, when I plug a computer into the LAN port on the remote 23c1 devices the LAN port does not come online. Please advise how to make the LAN port work for a wired device on a mesh MP station. Thank you

Category: SonicWave

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    LitBobOnLitBobOn Newbie ✭
    Answer ✓

Response today was that it shoudl work and the wired connection will be on whatever VLAN the AP is on. As it turns out we've decided to run a wire to this location so not sure I'll get a chance to try.

But the question was answered: They said it can be done and you cannot control which VLAN - same as the AP or pound sand!

Answers

• LitBobOnLitBobOn Newbie ✭

I got a message from SonicWALL that they need to have me on the phone to collect data(!).

I replied:

Hi, This is really a yes or no question you should be able to answer via Email: When in Mesh MP mode, can the AP 231c use its LAN port to extend wired network when the AP is using an external power supply? Please escalate to the next tier if you are unable verify.

We'll see what they say.

• LitBobOnLitBobOn Newbie ✭

They did answer: it can be done. I replied that I have several VLAN's on the Virtual Access Profile so how do I control which VLAN is assigned to the ETH port? It you don't know then escalate this to the next support tier.