Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Activated DPI-SSL on TZ250, now images from SonicWall support pages won't load?!?

LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

I turned on DPI-SSL on my TZ250W device last week.

It is set for IPS and GAV on the LAN.

Now, when researching SonicWall documents, the images from https://sonicwall.rightanswers.com do not load or do not load completely.

What steps are necessary to enable viewing these PNG files?

Thanks!

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@MitatOnge I appreciate an outline of the basics, of which I am well versed. This is an issue specific to the SonicWall site involved. To get around the problem - not solve it, mind you - I've created an Address Object with the FQDN and an Address Group for DPI-SSL Exclusions that is included in the Objects tab of your first screenshot. That's the only way I can see these images without rendering issues.

Answers

• MitatOngeMitatOnge All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Larry

1) You should create SSL for yours or you can use default ssl certificate.

2) enable DPI-SSL client service like bellow screenshot.

3) download certificate from dpi-ssl/client ssl/certificate tab. and install your local pcs on trusted root certificate vault.

4) enable exception categories.

5) enabel client ssl check box on whic you want use zone.

• MitatOngeMitatOnge All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Larry

sorry I misunderstood. Old version had log problem. It didnt show blocked page or objects. You can try packet capture and maybe you catch blcoked side ip. I have seen anydesk problem like this. Logs didnt show any thing. only catched packet capture.