Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Sonicwave Firmware Release Note!

AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

From where we can get the Sonicwave Firmware release notes ?

The Sonicwave Firmware release note supposed to be attach as same as like Firewall firmware release note.

In the current scenario we have to blindly upgrade to the newly released firmware without knowing the enhancement/changes with in the newly released firmware.

Category: SonicWave

Comments

• Options
    EnaEna SonicWall Employee

Hi @Ajishlal,

Thanks for reaching out to the SonicWall Community!

If SonicWave issues are identified as a part of a SonicOS update, they are called out on the SonicOS Release Notes. Likewise is true for Wireless Network Manager (WNM). If access point issues have been identified and resolved within WNM, those items would be noted in the WNM Release Notes.

Let me know if that helps!

• Options
    LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

@Ajishlal - I got the email today about the new WNM 3.7.8 and there was a link to download the Release Notes. That ended up going nowhere.

@EnaBev if you have ANY pull, please get the folks who produce those emails to differentiate between physical and cloud-based products. You can't pull down the information about WNM if you tried.

And Ajishlal, the only place to get the Release Notes is the SonicWall Technical Documentation page (https://www.sonicwall.com/support/technical-documentation). If you search for WNM you'll find the release notes that includes the December update in PDF format here: https://www.sonicwall.com/techdocs/pdf/wireless_network_manager-release_notes.pdf

This is pretty awkward, dysfunctional, but totally on point with SonicWall.

• Options
    AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

@Larry

Thanks for your input. :) Yesterday evening I also got an email for the same & the firmware was released on Jan 18th.