Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Do 7th gen. Sonicwalls support 208 volt circuits?

Just as the title mentions, I'm hoping to get a confirmation on if those Sonicwalls will have any problems with the 208 volt circuit that's being proposed for one of our sites.

Thanks!

Category: Entry Level Firewalls
Tagged:

Answers

• MitatOngeMitatOnge All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Hi @BrianVST

did you check adapter tag? it should be 110-240 V. if your circuit between this volt, It will run.

• BrianVSTBrianVST Newbie ✭

Thanks @MitatOnge, I did check the tag, and it does in fact state 110-240. The problem is that some voltages like 208v, come in two different varieties: single phase and three phase.

I can only speculate why, but no readily accessible data sheets on the Sonicwall or its power supply mentions if that range covers 3 phase circuits.

Typically 3 phase circuits are only found in factories, as big machinery requires much more than what the typically found single phase circuit would provide.

An electrician can design the electrical system such that it delivers only singe phase voltage to a given area of the site in the event that devices in the area can't support 3 phase, but we need to know if that's necessary.

• MitatOngeMitatOnge All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

If it is tri phase, It won't run. adaptor support regular circuit. You should convert tri phase to mono phase wiht UPS. I have done this. If I was implementing on Fabric(Tri Phase) I bought APC/Schanieder 3 Phase UPS.