Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

evaluation of an ACL

What is the order of operation and priority used for the software's evaluation of an ACL?

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Alberto I can't recall of any problem that the Priority got messed up after a crash or regular reboot, sorry.

--Michael@BWC

Answers

• AlbertoAlberto Enthusiast ✭✭

ACL are prossesed in TOP DOWN order by priority ?

When a condition in the ACL is met, all processing is stopped ?

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@Alberto correct, Priority is the main driver and First-Match is final, no other rules are processed.

--Michael@BWC

Thanks for the reply. i had a failover on a 6600 pair. Two acl lan to wan with manual priority have moved. Has this never happened to you?
    this is the response of the support. the machine rebooted due to a software process that locked a core. the HA machine started but the acl was not in correct order

Hello Alberto ,

Please be aware that this case will be handled via email only, any assistance that is needed from a live engineer would need you to contact our support line at 800 909 106 or +39 023 045 6009 and enter the case number at the prompt.

From the case description I see we have issues with high DP core and firewall lockup.

Web tickets are for basic troubleshooting and questions - P3 tickets. High CPU utilization, Reboot/lock ups are more complex issues requiring a phone call.

This type of issue is best suited for a phone call and cannot be worked over the web as it looks like it will require in depth troubleshooting and data gathering may be needed. Please give us a call on our support number when you are available to work this issue.
    edited January 2022

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@Alberto

You asked:

Thanks for the reply. i had a failover on a 6600 pair. Two acl lan to wan with manual priority have moved. Has this never happened to you?

I answered:

No :)

--Michael@BWC