Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Radius does not authenticate with LDAP user

Hello

I have a query, I implemented a Radius server in windows server for wireless connection with unifi, it connects perfectly, the only problem I have is that sonicwall does not authenticate the user so it does not connect to the internet. I read all the KB of sonicwall but I did not find any solution.

Some help?

Category: Firewall Security Services

Answers

• LitBobOnLitBobOn Newbie ✭

Maybe I'm not on the same page but my experience is the RADIUS on the SonicWALL is not used for 3rd party wireless access point authentication. In a previous life we had Aerohive wireless access points and they communicated directly with the NPS server.

• gussr16gussr16 Newbie ✭

Hello, maybe I explained badly.

In android devices, with radius it enters the network well, but it does not connect to the internet.

Windows is perfect.

• LitBobOnLitBobOn Newbie ✭

I'm probably way off but it sounds like it could be the group constraints you are using with NPS. I ran into an issue where they were trying to do user and computer groups with PEAP but it can only support one or the other. We didn't want the Android devices on a specific VLAN so we chose to constrain to Domain Computers. In any event, if you're not already I would look at the Event Viewer logs specific to NPS for clues. It helped me a few times. Good luck!