Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Having some users on Global VPN and others in SSL VPN

JulioJulio Newbie ✭

Hi,

We are almost max out on the number of Global VPN client licences on our TZ500. I know for a fact that I will need in the very near future increase the number of simoultaneous remote users.

My question is: Is it possible to keep some users working on Global VPN as they have been working up to now AND (pay attention to the big AND) add SSL VPN licences to have the other users on SSL VPN with NetExtender ?

I currently have 7 licences of SSL VPN but I am afraid of activating out of fear that it might affect or stop working the Global VPN users that are currently configured.

I have seen the steps to configure SSL VPN and it looks very simple to implement

I would appreciate very much if you can share your experiences.

Thanks for your advice.

Julio

Category: SSL VPN

Best Answers

• CORRECT ANSWER
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Julio yes you can have your max licensed numbers of users for GVC and SSL-VPN logged in concurrently. It might not work as smooth as GVC, but it depends what you're trying to do (e.g. RDP no Problem, SMB probably not much fun).

--Michael@BWC

• CORRECT ANSWER
    JulioJulio Newbie ✭
    Answer ✓

Thank you Mike !!!!!

My users will be RDPing to their computers at the office. No SMB (fortunately). I will run some tests during the weekend and if the managment here is happy with it, I'll buy the extra licences to fit our needs.

One more time thank you very much Mike

Julio